you can Control Tax Preparation
Cost & Accuracy!
steps listed below can and will
control the accuracy and cost of your tax preparation. Why?
The steps below are a portion of our tax return preparation
When you complete these steps before providing
us with your tax information, you are minimizing your time,
controlling the cost of the preparation.
1. Use your "Tax Organizer" ( a valuable
tool to assist you with assembling your 2004 tax
information), let us know if you need one.
2. Complete the tax organizer very carefully to help eliminate
areas uncertainty before submitting your
information for preparation.
3. Enclose only "copies" of your original documents
(Example Mortgage Interest Statement) and attach them
to each related page of the "tax organizer"
(retain the originals & remember to write down and list
the information on the corresponding organizer pages).
4. If you are still in doubt write on the
front page "see notes" and complete the "notes"
section (usually found at the end of the organizer).
5. Enclose your "Hud" statement if you purchased,
sold, or refinanced a residence or a rental.
6. Provide mileage information for each car
used in business (list miles separately for
business; commuting; personal and finally list the total
for the year).
7. For new or traded automobiles, provide invoices and financing
information. If you leased, provide a copy
of the lease.
8. For first year clients, provide a copy of your prior
two year tax returns (to include the depreciation schedule,
if any assets were depreciated in prior years).
9. As a rule, do not enter an entry
twice from the same document.
10. Break down your income & expenses for each activity
other than employment. (Example: professional activities,
sale of assets, real estate rentals, etc).
11. List personal itemized deductions separately
from all of the above.